Originally located at 505 Main, Houston Optical Company re-located to 503 Main in January of 1912. A new building at 501-503 Main completed construction in 1911 and became home to several new businesses.
Houston Optical Company specialized in both eye and camera lenses, carrying an impressive selection of bifocals, monocles, and even the latest Kodak cameras.
The building that once housed this lens shop is still standing today at the NE corner of Main and Prairie. In fact, the majority of the block visible in 1924 is mostly unchanged today.