Helen and James Glover II

Robertson Stadium / 1945

The “Public School Stadium” was constructed in 1942 and will not sound very familiar to any Houstonian born later than 1958. It went through a series of name changes during its 70-year lifespan.

This stadium, located on the University of Houston campus, was renamed to “Jeppesen Stadium” in 1958. It was renamed once more to “John O’Quinn Field at Corbin J. Robertson Stadium,” or the considerably less mouthy “Robertson Stadium” in 1980.

In 2012, Robertson Stadium was demolished and in 2013, the TDECU Stadium opened in its place.